How to Register
FOR GED PREPARATION
Prepare for the five-part GED test through an individualized, self-paced study program.
You must be 18 or older and not have a high school diploma.
A Pre-GED test may be administered to determine readiness for the GED test.
Tutorial preparation is provided.
The GED preparation classes are offered in the Learning Center of the AE main campus.
Adult Learning Center Hours:
|Mon - Fri||8:15 am - 12:15 pm||Claire Hawkins|
|Mon-Thu||4:30 pm - 7:00 pm||Don Lawler/Claire Hawkins|
FOR GED TESTING
Registration takes place in SSF Adult Education Main Office. Fill out forms which will take approximately 15 minutes and must bring a photo ID. Only after registration could the student be scheduled for series of tests.
The cost is $150 for the complete battery of five tests.
The fee for individual tests and re-takes is $30 per test. Cash Only.
The Counseling Department for Adult Education has established a GED Testing Schedule. Tests are offered on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings/evenings. (Click link for testing schedule ) Testing will allow for up to twenty people, with all test takers working on the same tests for any given testing period. Test is available in Spanish.
Rules & Guidelines for Testing
- GED test takers must bring a photo I.D. to the testing room and be prepared to show this to the test proctor
- Test takers should report to the testing room 10 minutes before the listed testing time. No one will be admitted to the testing room once the test has begun.
- For the Reading/Science/Social Studies testing Sessions, a maximum of two of the tests may be taken in any one sitting.
- A $15 dollar error fee will be assessed when a student writes or bubbles incorrectly on demographic information and test forms (i.e. Name, ID number, birthday, today’s date)
- All payment in CASH only. “NO CHECKS”
- $25 No-Show fee per testing session
|COMPLETE BATTERY OF FIVE (5) TESTS||$150|
|Test Taker coming from another Test Center||$30/test|
|No Show Fee||$25|
|Name and/or Address Change Request||$15|
Error Fee when student writes or bubbles incorrectly
on demographic ifnormation and test forms(ie. name, ID number, birthday, today's date)
The GED test is changing!
If you don't successfully complete your GED before December 4, 2013:
- You will lose credit for the tests you have already taken and passed, and
- You must retake all of the tests using the new GED Test battery starting in January of 2014.
Make sure your existing GED test scores count!